Sharks’ teeth are constantly being replaced as they are lost. The exact number of teeth sharks replace vary depending on species, but the number can be enormous--over 30,000 in their lifetime!
Humans are not so lucky. We have two sets: baby teeth and adult teeth. And if we lose an adult tooth, we cannot regrow ours like sharks.
Hence, the importance of teeth care is paramount and cannot be overemphasized. To prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and periodontal disease, try implementing some of the tips below. Flossy Brush will go a long way towards your overall oral health.
- The most important tip is to brush your teeth before bed. Any food stuck on your teeth or between your teeth stays there all night, providing ample opportunity for bacteria to eat away your tooth enamel, leading to cavities and other tooth diseases.
- Floss daily. Flossing is the best activity you can do to prevent gum disease. The food that is stuck in-between your teeth has nowhere to go, which encourages the growth of bacteria that prey on your gums. With Flossy Brush’s toothbrushes, you won’t forget to floss since every toothbrush comes equipped with a flossing device (fork) at the opposite end.
- Use the correct type of toothbrush. The American Dental Association recommends brushing for at least 2 minutes and using soft bristles on the brush. All of Flossy Brush’s products meet this standard, offering both soft and sensitive soft styles of toothbrush.
- Brush your tongue! Brushing your tongue has the dual effect of reducing bacteria AND giving you fresher breath. What more could you ask for?
- Keep your brush and floss clean. Often at the end of a log day, it takes everything you have just to remember to brush and floss! Just as important is to rinse off your toothbrush and store it in open-air, upright position to prevent bacteria growth.
- Use Mouthwash on a consistent basis. Try adding in a high quality, therapeutic mouthwash to your brushing routine a few times a week. It not only gives you great-smelling breath, but it reduces plaque and cavities and aids in the prevention of gingivitis.
- Finally, see your dentist regularly! Sure, dentists clean your teeth and remove plaque but regular dental check-ups allow your dentist to check for any signs of gum disease or periodontal disease before it worsens.
Proper care of teeth and gums is crucial for oral health. Flossy Brush’s mission is to make dental health care effortless through using our simple, compact toothbrush and flosser in one. Perfect for the entire family, Flossy Brush aims to get more people flossing and brushing in order to prevent gum disease and periodontal disease. Since humans cannot replace our teeth like the shark can, daily teeth cleaning and care is proven to be the best option to keep our teeth the longest. Flossy Brush aims to make teeth care easy! Try us out today!